Wednesday, March 9, 2011

IBS New York March 6, 2011

To sum up the show in one word it would be "Overwhelming"!
There were over 3000 vendors, 200 classes, and 50,000+ attendees. It was so loud everywhere you went, every vendor was trying to outdo the others with music and outlandish hair so that you would stop and watch what they where doing. It was a Blast! I want to go next year. So here are a few things from the show that I saw. I could not get that many pictures due to crowds and far away distance on some things so below I found some pictures online of things that I saw at the show that will be all the RAGE for Spring and Summer this year!











One thing that I have not seen at any other shows thus far was a Barber Competition. WOW! They had about 20 Barbers competing, and as they were sculpting there very best they had RAP music Blasting to get into it. Only in NEW YORK! Very cool to see some of the designs that these Barbers would do!
SO What to LOOK for in Spring and Summer:

fast, easy, pull up: Knot do
The Bun
Braids (still in)
Bold Eye shadow all the way to the brow! Was EVERYWHERE!!!

Bold Hair color: Splash of fun color underneath, was EVERYWHERE!!!


Overall theme I noticed was to go with what you have. Do not fight your curls. Do not over flatiron. If you have straight go with straight! If you have curl go with your curls. Usually what looks the best is if you just take what you have and enhance it. Right now Short and long hair, bangs and no bangs are IN! It is about finding what works best with you face shape and I would have to add Body shape as well. Even though we all probably want long hair some of us look best with it shorter!
Vibrant Red Color and CURLS( were EVERYWHERE)

Clip in Feathers were EVERYWHERE!!!


Bling Strands or Hair Flairs were EVERYWHERE!!!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE it all! I am inspired to do something fun with my hair now. Glad you had such a great time. Looks like it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete